Those working in projects that receive funding from the European Social Fund can get support to work in a systematic way with learning and impact. This support aims to strengthen the projects, improve their quality and increase their impact.
The projects can get help to ask the critical questions, see possible alternatives and find better organisational solutions in order to achieve sustainable and long-term effects.
• How can we structure the work so that we learn from what we do?
• How can evaluation be used for learning and project development?
• How can the experience and knowledge gained in the project be used so that it permeates the entire organisation - even after the project is completed?
• How can the results be disseminated to, and create long-term effects at, various players and stakeholders?
There are no simple answers, but SPeL is a network of researchers and experienced consultants, active throughout the country, whose services can be used free of charge. Within the framework of this scheme, SPeL offers process support in three areas:
1) Methodological support for projects to develop learning in and from projects. This entails helping to structure the work so that it promotes learning and development in the project while also enabling cooperation with others in diverse activities for strategic impact.
2) Stimulating learning processes in the region and creating arenas for meetings with regional players. The project results contribute to learning which also provides added value in the regional development work.
3) Complementary dissemination of results to propagate analysed project results and submit proposals on how to optimise the work.
To engage and encompass important stakeholders, SPeL also organises theme groups and activities relating to various projects.
Upper Norrland, Central Norrland: Lars Sundström, Luleå University of Technology.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | mobile: 070-591 00 89
Northern Central Sweden, Stockholm and Eastern Central Sweden: Anders Axelsson, APeL FoU. E-mail: email@example.com | mobile: 070-318 71 07
Småland/Öland/Gotland, Western Sweden and Southern Sweden: Mats Holmquist, Halmstad University. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | mobile: 072-210 73 62
Complementary dissemination and impact: Europaforum AB/Face Europe AB, Owe Ivarsson.
E-mail: email@example.com |mobile: 070-663 75 25
APeL FoU has overall responsibility for the management and coordination of process support.
Contact: Carina Åberg, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | mobile: 070-533 41 40.
SpeL's Toolbox contains brief guides with suggestions on how to promote learning and impact and information on project managers and others who can support the project work:
- Procurement of evaluators
- Strategic impact
- Evaluation for learning
- Learning environments
- Ownership and governance of projects
- Learning networks